Creating Stores for Streaming Data
Before writing any queries, DeltaStream needs to be configured to connect to the store where data resides. This tutorial shows how to use the web application to create a Store as the first step to process any data using DeltaStream SQL statements.
- 1.From the left menu, click Stores > Create Store:Fill in the General Information and Networking.
- 2.Select the Store Type.The Store Type should match the streaming Store where streaming data resides.
- 3.Choose a unique Name for the Store.
- 4.Select the Amazon Availability Zone.Availability zone information indicates where data is stored or streams through.
- 5.Enter a unique Name.Store names are limited to a maximum of 255 characters. Only alphanumeric characters, dashes, and underscores are allowed.
- 6.Add one or more URLs of the Store to connect to.
- 7.Click NEXT.
- 8.(Optional) Complete the Authentication options as appropriate for the Store. See Authentication Parameters for more information.
- 9.Click SAVE.
The recommended way to authenticate with Kinesis stores is using an assumed IAM role:
Provide an Assume IAM Role ARN to use this option
Another way to authenticate for Kinesis stores is using the AWS credentials, which is not generally recommended:
Choose Static AWS CREDENTIALS (Not Recommended) to use this option